From: "Paul Ridenour" [DIVA NOTE: Blocked, But Back for More]
To: "The Diva (Tammy)"
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 1:11 PM
Subject: Your latest rant!
Your latest rant is such crap!!!!
If the tables were turned and Gore was president, and Bush was in his place, would you, the liberal that you are, be pissed at Gore and SCOTUS.
The answer is heck no!
You pay your credit cards because if you don't, it's stealing.
Conservatives don't have guilt? That is such an ignorant statement!
From: "The Diva (Tammy)"
To: "Paul Ridenour"
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: Your latest rant!
Did you create a whole new e-mail address just to hassle me, Paul? And if so, why do you even care what I say? I'll tell you why. Because you know I am right, and it wounds you, knowing that I am.
What you don't know is anything about me (even though it is all laid out on my site for anyone to see), as evidenced by your boneheaded allegations.
1) I have criticized Democrats in the past, and I still do, when they behave in ways I have a moral problem with. If Gore had argued what Bush argued, and if the S.C.O.T.U.S. had found for Gore, I would have repudiated him, and them. PERIOD. If you have evidence I would do otherwise, let's see it. Otherwise, you are assassinating the character of someone YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. Which, since you are obviously a Republican, comes naturally.
2) Not paying your bills is stealing? You mean like the $8 million Bush hasn't paid his Bush v. Gore lawyers? You mean like that? Or maybe you mean like taking a surplus created by payroll taxes paid by EVERYONE, and redistributing it via a tax cut that PRETENDS it was collected from income tax rather than payroll tax? Like that?
"Since the 1980s, Republicans have used the populist rhetoric of tax relief to hide what has actually been a tax shift. Progressive income taxes have been cut, while regressive fica taxes have been raised--and this shift has been a factor in the nagging problem of income inequality."
- PAYROLL PAYBACK, Editors, New Republic, January 26, 1998
"Payroll taxes account for one third of federal revenue and more than half the present budget surplus. Yet President Bush has not suggested cutting these taxes, or making them fair. Instead the Bush administration will continue the fiction that workers are "contributing" to a "trust fund", while spending the surpluses from these payroll taxes as general revenue.
Payroll taxes are only paid by Americans who work. The wealthiest Americans don't need jobs because they own capital, invested money that makes more money. The rent or sale of property, interest on money, and profits from investments represents capital gains. Over the last twenty years capital gains tax rates have been steadily reduced, to eighteen percent today. Since capital gains are not wage income, the owners of capital do not pay income tax, nor do they contribute to Social Security and Medicare.
In 1981 the wealthiest Americans received the biggest tax cut in US history. Make no mistake, Reaganomics did exactly what it was supposed to do. It made the richest Americans much wealthier and transferred more of the tax burden to the middle class and working poor." - THE RETURN OF REAGANOMICS, By Scott Piraino
Shall I go on, Paul? Do you require more? Do you even care when your heroes lie and steal? When they rob from the poor to fatten the rich? No, of course not. You admire that about them. That is why you love them so.
3) Conservatives may have guilt, the hypocrites, but they don't let it get in the way of their stealing and their pet oppression projects. Check the history books. Conservatives are the bad guys. They (you) are wedded to everything ugly and reactionary, and are committed to preventing the rest of us from moving forward towards greater justice. That is the purpose of conservatism, and that will be the epitaph of the GOP, and yours, unless you save yourself. Conservatives are in the unenviable position of having to constantly apologize, decades too late for their victims (unfortunately), for being the monsters they WERE. Problem is, they never apologize for being the monsters they ARE.
4) You call yourself a "Christian" (I've seen your website), but you are nothing but a selfish, degenerate hedonists. You're just so overwhelmed by your greed and your hate, that you can't see what you really are. If Jesus ever wept, then he is weeping now, watching you bastardize his name to justify your social and moral evils. If you believe for a nanosecond that the Jesus of the gospels would ever support the policies of this appointistration, then you have insulted him more than any unbeliever like me ever could.
I would hope for you, and for the world your actions impact, that you would someday come to your senses, but your narrow self-interest will never, ever permit that. You don't just want the freedom to be bad -- oh, no, you're not satisfied with that -- you also want to be told that being bad is good. Well, congrats. You've got a monster just like you in the White House now, to keep lying to your superego. Listen to him, and ignore that still small voice.
The still small voice, after all, isn't offering to pay you off for your attention with a tax cut.